• How much are KidzArt Elementary age classes?
• How much are KidzArt Pre-K classes?
• How much are Squiggles to Grins classes?
• Can I get credit for a class that I miss?
• Do I have to re-register each month?
• Are you closed for holidays?
• Do I have to drop my child off and pick them up?
• What if I am late for a class?
• What do students do during a KidzArt class?
• Who provides instruction for KidzArt?
• Does my child need to bring anything?
• Is every class or session different?
• What types of mediums are introduced throughout the year?
• Do you offer home-school classes?
• How can I find out more information?
When you sign your child up for an entire session, you are responsible for paying for the entire session. However, we do allow drop-in's for our Saturday morning classes only. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the class. You can register online for each individual Saturday.
Unfortunately, we are unable to give credit for missed classes. However, if you know you are going to miss a class and are able to attend a different class DURING THE SAME WEEK you are free to do so. However, arrangements must be made with the instructor prior to attending the other class.
Yes. Each session will have a new registration period a few weeks prior to the session starting.
We will be closed between Nov. 23, 2014 and January 4th, 2014. We also close for the Gasparilla adult parade, Spring Break (public school) and Easter weekend. However, we may do special camps or workshops during this time so please sign-up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on these events.
Yes. Every child must be walked into KidzArt and signed in by an adult. Every child must be picked up promptly at the end of class and signed out by the adult who dropped them off, unless the teacher is otherwise informed. Children will not be permitted to leave KidzArt alone at any time.
It is important to arrive on time, as there is much to accomplish during your child's scheduled class and late arrivals are a disruption. Please do not attend class if you are going to be more than 10 minutes late.
• Have fun while creating cool art to display
• Explore a broad range of art techniques and mediums
• Learn that problems can have more than one solution
• Choose variations for each project - not a "copy exactly" approach
• Learn techniques for focusing, relaxing, and reducing stress
• Gain drawing skills AND self-confidence
• Think creatively in a non-competitive environment
• Have access to high quality art materials used by artists
• Always be excited by new curriculum--both 2 and 3-D
• Enhance knowledge of other subjects (anthropology, science, geography etc)
All KidzArt instructors have had a background check through a multi-state database search and are fully certified by KidzArt. KidzArt Certified Instructors go through comprehensive training on the KidzArt method. Many have classroom experience. are elementary teachers or are artists themselves. The KidzArt program is a national program and its methods have been proven for over 15 years!
No, KidzArt provides all artist-quality supplies.
Yes, KidzArt projects will never repeat. Weekly classes will include one of either a 2D or 3D curriculum/art project
We primarily feature artist quality drawing mediums such as Prismacolor Markers, ArtStix, Oil and Chalk Pastels and Charcoal. We also introduce a wide variety of other 2 and 3 D mediums such as Sand Art, Scratch Art, Sculpture Mediums, Clay, Watercolor, Fabric Painting, Print Making, Copper Tooling, Collage, Weaving, Marbleizing, Mask Making, Solar Printing, Book Making and Trading Cards to name a few.